On the Job
Policies & Procedures
- Computers, Telephones
- Conflict of Interest and Commitment policy
- Graphic Standards (commercial use of Vanderbilt name and logo)
- Human Resources
- Payment Cards (PCard)
- Publications Style Guide
- Social Media Handbook
- Student Information (FERPA)
- Web Standards
New Employee Information
- I-9 (Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986)
- You need to complete Section 1 of your Form I-9 by your first day of work.
- Claim your VUnetID and ePassword
- Your VUnetID and ePassword are required to access computer systems and online services at Vanderbilt.
- Getting your VU ID card
- If you are a Medical Center or VTS employee: Complete the Vanderbilt University I.D. Card Authorization Form and take it, along with a valid photo ID (i.e., driver’s license), to the round wing of Medical Center North, D-2107.I
- If you are a university employee, take a valid photo ID to the Commodore Card office 184 Sarratt Student Center in the basement.
- University parkers: You will need to register your vehicle and arrange to pay for parking with the office of Traffic & Parking. They are located in Wesley Place Garage.
- Medical Center parkers: Medical Center staff can register their vehicles at the Parking Permit Office, located in East Garage, level G, on Medical Center Drive (across from the Hospital). Parking lot spaces and garage spaces are distributed by availability.
New Staff Orientation
- All new staff members are expected to go to New Staff Orientation and Benefits Orientation as soon as possible after they begin working at Vanderbilt.
- Dress Code
- The dress code varies from department to department. You should check with your supervisor about what is and is not appropriate to wear.
- Connect to Human Resources (C2HR) is an enhanced online employee self-service application that allows you to view benefits, leave balances, your job profile and your payment history and make changes to direct deposit and personal information.
- Resources for new employees
Faculty and Staff Resource Groups
- Staff Advisory Council
- Faculty Senate
- Medical Center Staff Advisory Council
Taking Care of Business
- Banners - Information on how to order street banners.
- Catering - For an approved list of outside vendor caterers, click here.
- Compliance Reporting
- For the University, click here, or call the 24-hour Confidential Help Line at 1.866.783.2287
- For the Medical Center, call the 24-hour Confidential Help Line at 1.866.783.2287
- Creative Services - Print design: brochures, posters, logos, etc.
- Disability Services
- E-Business Web Site
- Forms Locator Service
- Information Technology
- Interactive, Web and Design (Medical Center)
- Multimedia and Video Conference Facility
- Photography Services
- Smart Printing Initiative - The Smart Printing Initiative aims to serve as a central resource for the campus community in the evaluation and acquisition of copiers, faxes and multifunction devices.
- Sustain VU - Interested in helping Vanderbilt with recycling and other "green" initiatives? You'll find all kinds of environmentally-friendly information here.
- Trademark Licensing
- University Calendar - promote your event
- University Web Communications
- Voice Mail
- Work Injury/Illness (Log In Required)