New Staff Orientation
New Staff Orientation is Vanderbilt's way of welcoming you to a thriving cultural center that embraces and celebrates diverse talents and contributions. Designed with you in mind, New Staff Orientation teaches everything you need to know as you begin your Vanderbilt career.
New University staff will attend University Orientation as soon as possible after beginning work at Vanderbilt, preferably on the first day.
Your manager will work with HR to register you for the orientation and will let you know your scheduled date. If you have not received orientation information before your first day of work, contact Clair Brigman with Human Resources at 615-322-8320 or email@example.com.
- Before Orientation: Review Benefits
- Where and When to Go
- Where to Park
- What to Expect
- What to Bring
- What to Wear
- Review Vanderbilt benefits information before your first day of work/orientation. Click here to see details on benefits for which you may qualify.
University orientation is held every Monday from 8 a.m. to approximately 12:30 p.m. Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m., and the program starts promptly at 8 a.m. If you are going to be late, please contact your supervisor to reschedule; registration closes after 8:30 a.m.
Orientation will be held at the following locations:
|May 2||No Orientation||No Orientation|
2525 West End Ave., 5th Floor (training room)
2525 West End Ave. garage
*Please see next section for detailed parking instructions.
Please park in the garage directly behind the building. See Parking Map. Entrances are between PF Chang's & the Marriott Hotel off Natchez Trace and also behind the building on Kensington Place. We will validate new staff members' parking tickets at the front desk on the 5th floor only when orientation is scheduled to take place in the 2525 West End location.
Please note: Do not park in the front retail parking lot (along West End). Your car will be towed.
This orientation is divided into three main themes: Understanding Vanderbilt Culture, Meeting Your Basic Needs, and Preparing You for Success. Employees who attend this orientation will learn the following:
- Vanderbilt's history and mission
- Benefits of being a Vanderbilt employee
- How Vanderbilt keeps its employees safe, healthy, and happy
- How to be a successful Vanderbilt employee
- How to complete new employee paperwork and get started in your Vanderbilt career
- Identification for I-9 employment eligibility verification (see /i9/)
- Social security numbers for dependents you want to cover in Vanderbilt's benefit programs
- Supervisor name, department name, and department phone number
Business casual attire or work clothes are recommended. Orientation is paid work time, so dress as you would for a day at work. Check with your supervisor for any other instructions.