Service Awards and Commodore Award
Last Modified: 2016-09-30
- Women's Basketball Family Night
- Family Night with the Nashville Symphony
- Vandy Chills
- Employee Picnic
- Service Awards and Commodore Award
- Holiday Gift Giveaway
Save the date! This year's service award celebration will be held Jan. 18, 2017 at 3 p.m. in the Student Life Center ballroom.
The Service Award Celebration honors Vanderbilt employees’ years of service to the organization.
The Vanderbilt University Commodore Award
The Vanderbilt University Commodore Awardwill be presented to full-time regular staff members who have made significant contributions to Vanderbilt University’s pursuit of excellence in education, research and community service each year. The Commodore Award winner for 2016 will be celebrated at the Service Award Ceremony on Jan. 18, 2017.
Regular full-time staff members holding positions below the director or department head level with at least three years of consecutive Vanderbilt service may be nominated for the award. Previous recipients of the Commodore Awardmay not win a second time. Any Vanderbilt employee can nominate another staff member, however, you cannot nominate yourself.
Nominations must be submitted using the online nomination form (see link below) and describe how the nominee achieved one or more of the following:
- Overall performance and accomplishments that regularly and consistently far exceed performance expectations, reflecting a high level of service, dedication, conscientiousness, compassion and applied skill.
- Handling a high impact or critical situation which had important consequences for a department, Vanderbilt University or the community.
- Developing or improving processes that resulted in significant productivity and/or cost savings improvements.
You may upload letters and additional supporting documentation along with your nomination form.Nomination Process
Nominations will be accepted from Oct. 1 – Dec. 1, 2016
Please complete the on-line nomination form