On the Job
Last Modified: 2016-08-17
Policies & Procedures
- Computers, Telephones
- Conflict of Interest and Commitment policy
- Graphic Standards (commercial use of Vanderbilt name and logo)
- Human Resources
- Payment Cards (PCard)
- Publications Style Guide
- Social Media Handbook
- Student Information (FERPA)
- Web Standards
New Employee Information
- I-9 (Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986)
- You need to complete Section 1 of your Form I-9 by your first day of work.
- Claim your VUnetID and ePassword
- Your VUnetID and ePassword are required to access computer systems and online services at Vanderbilt.
- Getting your VU ID card
- If you are a VTS employee: Complete the Vanderbilt University I.D. Card Authorization Form and take it, along with a valid photo ID (i.e., driver’s license), to the round wing of Medical Center North, D-2107.
- If you are a university employee, take a valid photo ID to the Commodore Card office located at 184 Sarratt Student Center in the basement.
- Parking: Register your vehicle and arrange to pay for parking with the office of Traffic & Parking located at 111 28th Ave.
New Staff Orientation
- All new staff members are expected to go to New Staff Orientation and Benefits Orientation as soon as possible after they begin working at Vanderbilt.
- Dress Code
- The dress code varies from department to department. You should check with your supervisor about what is and is not appropriate to wear.
- Connect to Human Resources (C2HR) is an enhanced online employee self-service application that allows you to view benefits, leave balances, your job profile and your payment history and make changes to direct deposit and personal information.
Faculty and Staff Resource Groups
Taking Care of Business
- Banners - Information on how to order street banners.
- Catering - For an approved list of outside vendor caterers, click here.
- Compliance Reporting
- For the University, click here, or call the 24-hour Confidential Help Line at 1.866.783.2287
- For the Medical Center, call the 24-hour Confidential Help Line at 1.866.783.2287
- Creative Services - Print design: brochures, posters, logos, etc.
- Disability Services
- E-Business Web Site
- Information Technology
- Photography Services
- Print Services - Order stationery, business cards, labels
- Reservation System for Vanderbilt University spaces
- Smart Printing Initiative - The Smart Printing Initiative aims to serve as a central resource for the campus community in the evaluation and acquisition of copiers, faxes and multifunction devices.
- Sustain VU - Interested in helping Vanderbilt with recycling and other "green" initiatives? You'll find all kinds of environmentally-friendly information here.
- Trademark Licensing
- University Calendar - promote your event
- University Web Communications
- Voice Mail
- Work Injury/Illness