New Hire Orientation Information for Supervisors
To register your new hire for orientation, please follow the onboarding process in Taleo. Either the department HCM or the line manager associated with the requisition may submit the request.
For the best new hire experience, staff should attend orientation on their first day of work or first Monday of work.
Benefits information should be reviewed online before new hires start work. Links are included in offer and welcome letters, and orientation confirmation messages.
Orientation is held every Monday from 8:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m., including time to ask questions about benefits programs.
Vanderbilt Initial Compliance Curriculum will be assigned to staff through the Learning Exchange to be completed online within 30 days of the hire date.
Orientation is held on the 10th floor of the Baker Building at 110 21st Ave. S unless otherwise noted in confirmation messages. Please refer to the All About Orientation webpage for details, helpful photos and parking instructions.
VUnetIDs can be claimed online by new hires after the hire date. Please note this process is dependent upon the completion of both parts of the I-9 process.
Parking permits can be ordered online once new hires have activated VUnetIDs.
Parking for Orientation
Parking for orientation will be available on the roof of the Terrace Place garage, located next to the Baker Building. Please refer to the All About Orientation webpage for details.
Information to Provide Before New Hire's First Day
- Time, date and location of orientation
- Parking information for orientation
- Paperwork and identification to bring to orientation : If the new hire’s employment paperwork is not completed prior to orientation, they will need to bring several documents with them, which are listed here.
- Benefits information : New hires should review benefits online before their first day.
- Contact information: All new staff members should know their department’s name, their supervisor’s name and their supervisor’s or another contact person’s phone number.
- Schedule for first week: You can ease your new hire's anxiety and facilitate their integration into Vanderbilt by providing a schedule for their first week, including directions to different locations.
- Employment paperwork , including IDs for I-9 form
- Voided check or deposit slip showing bank account number/s and routing number/s for Direct Deposit Authorization
Attire for Orientation
Business casual attire or work clothes/uniform are recommended for this program. We ask that you make sure staff are aware that orientation is paid time, and therefore new staff should dress for a day at work. Discuss any other instructions with your new hire.
For questions about new hire orientation, please contact the Human Resources Learning & Organizational Development Team at 615.322.8320.