Learning & Organizational Development
Vanderbilt University uses Targeted Selection as its approach for consistency when hiring managers are interviewing and selecting new employees. Targeted Selection training will develop a variety of key behavioral interviewing skills and sharpen existing skills to improve selection decisions. The skills and techniques learned during this workshop are immediately applicable on the job.
The fee for this course $250 (payable using an 1180), and the Cancellation Policy is described below.
Please note that lunch is not provided, so make plans to bring lunch with you or take the opportunity to go out with other course participants.
After reading the CANCELLATION POLICY below, view available dates to register.
Because of the substantial effort and resources involved in offering Targeted Selection, Human Resources has implemented a Cancellation Policy for all Interviewer training sessions. Targeted Selection is a Vanderbilt initiative that reflects the interviewing process the entire institution will be using in the future.
The department will be refunded the full $250 course fee if:
- The participant cancels their registration by 5 business days before the first training day (which is the same day of the previous week as the first training day).
- The participant cancels their registration, but the department registers and sends another hiring manager in their place for the same session.
- The participant cancels their registration within 5 business days for an emergency situation for which the employee is allowed to take sick leave.
The department will only be refunded $100 of the $250 course fee if:
- The participant cancels their registration within 5 business days of the first training day and another hiring manager is not sent in their place.
- The participant does not show up for their training session.