Action Items Checklist:
|Notify your supervisor. Exempt employees should give four weeks notice and non-exempt employees should give two weeks notice.|
|Decide whether you want to continue your Health, Dental, Vision, Personal Spending Account(s), and/or Flexible Reimbursement Account benefits on a self-pay basis through COBRA.|
|If you want to continue benefits, you must complete the Continuation of Benefits Form—COBRA and return the form to the Benefits Office within 60 days of your last day of employment with Vanderbilt. You can find this form on the Tools and Forms page of the Web site.|
If you have a PayFlex MasterCard health care card for the Health Care Personal Spending Account or Flexible Reimbursement Account, you must destroy the card and NOT use it past your termination date. You can file claims for eligible expenses incurred while you were in an eligible employment status by the filing deadline (see below).
If you use the PayFlex MasterCard past your termination date, you are responsible to repay those charges.
Notify your investment company(ies) (contact them directly), if you wish to request a distribution or rollover of your money in the Vanderbilt Retirement Plan.
|TIAA-CREF 800.842.2776 or www.tiaa-cref.org|
|Vanguard 800.523.1188 or www.vanguard.com|
VALIC 615.221.2541 or www.valic.com
|Fidelity 800.343.0860 or www.fidelity.com|
|Set up an exit interview with Employee Relations by calling 615.322.7259.|
|If you will be moving, please notify Human Resources of your change of address.|
|To change your address electronically, login to Connect to HR (C2HR) and click on “Personal Profile” then “EDIT” and enter your updated information. You need a VUnetID and e-password to use C2HR. (If your VUnetID already has been terminated, you can submit a change of address via a paper form.)|
|To change your address via paper form, Go to the Tools and Forms page of this Web site and find "Personal Information Change Form.” Complete the form and mail to: Human Resources Records Office, PMB #407718, 2301 Vanderbilt Place, Nashville, TN 37240-7718.|
Return your Vanderbilt key(s), pagers, ID card, and any other VU property to your departmental administrator on your last day of work.
Health, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Your health, dental and vision coverage ends on the last day of the month in which you leave Vanderbilt. You may choose to continue your health, dental and/or vision coverage on a self-pay basis through
for 18 months.
- You have 60 days to elect COBRA coverage from the date of your COBRA-qualifying event.
- Initial payment is required within 45 days of election date in order for benefits to be provided under COBRA.
- A letter of credible coverage will be mailed to health plan participants after your coverage ends .
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Your contributions to your FSAs stop with your last paycheck (unless you are eligible and elect to continue contributions to your FSA under COBRA).
- You can submit claims for expenses that you incurred on or prior to your last day of employment.
- Claims are due by December 31 of that calendar year.
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
There are two types of HRAs:
- The Aetna HealthFund HRA ends on the last day of the month of your Vanderbilt employment. You can continue this health coverage with COBRA.
- If you have Vanderbilt's grandfathered HRA plan that deposits $25.00 a month into a PayFlex account for medical claims, you will have 30 days from your termination date to file claims with PayFlex. These claims need to be incurred while you were employed with Vanderbilt. See the Summary Plan Description for more information.
You may request a distribution or rollover of any or all of your Vanderbilt retirement funds at any time after you leave Vanderbilt or you may choose to leave your retirement funds with your investment companies. To request a distribution or rollover:
- Contact your investment company(ies) to request the appropriate form(s).
- Complete the form(s) and submit to Vanderbilt's Office of Benefits Administration for plan administrator approval.
- Be sure your form includes your spouse's notarized signature, if you are married.
- Mail the form to:
2301 Vanderbilt Place
Nashville, TN 37240-7700
- The plan administrator will approve the request and forward it within two business days to the investment company(ies). (The plan administrator will contact you, if the form is incomplete).
Your life insurance policy with MetLife ends on your last day of employment with Vanderbilt.
- If applicable, you might consider converting your Group Term Life within 30 days of your last day of employment. Contact MetLife toll-free by calling 800.GETMET8, for more information.
- Vacation Time (Policy #HR-005): Your accrued vacation should be paid out with your last paycheck.
- Personal Days (Policy #HR-006): Exempt staff unused personal days are not paid at end of employment with Vanderbilt. Non-exempt staff unused personal days are paid out at end of employment with Vanderbilt.