Open Enrollment for 2016 Benefits
Open Enrollment is now closed.
- Use My VU Benefits to view your benefit elections, update your beneficiaries, or make a family status change. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Employee Service Center.
- If you would like to view your final confirmation statement, log in to My VU Benefits. From the Welcome page, hover over Benefits and then click on Confirmation. Then click on the View button under the Confirmation column. To print or email your confirmation, click on the printer or envelope icon in the top right of the confirmation screen.
Note about supplemental life insurance: If you elected to increase your supplemental life insurance during Open Enrollment, you must complete Evidence of Insurability (EOI). The MetLife EOI system has not been working correctly. You may submit a paper form or you may try again online in the coming days. Please check back on this page as we will update this when the EOI system is available again.
- If you choose to use the paper form, in the Insurance Information section, enter the dollar amount of your salary you are requesting coverage for. For example, if your annual salary is $50,000 and you enrolled in 2x coverage, you would put $100,000 next to the Supplemental/Optional Life dollar sign. Once completed, mail the form to MetLife, using the address listed on page 1 of the form.
Share your feedback on how benefits information is communicated
With Open Enrollment recently behind us, Vanderbilt's HR Communications team would like to know what you think about how it communicates benefits information during Open Enrollment and throughout the year. Please provide your feedback to help make HR's communication programs and planning more effective. Click here to take the survey.
Resources for Newly Benefits-Eligible Employees
- Enroll for your benefits in My VU Benefits. You must complete your 2015 New Hire Enrollments before you can enroll in benefits for 2016. If you make changes to your 2015 benefit selections due to a qualifying event after completing Open Enrollment, you must re-select your 2016 benefits as well.
- Look for your New Hire & Annual Open Enrollment windows in My VU Benefits. See below for a sample of the windows for a new non-exempt staff employee. If you are exempt staff, faculty, union, or house staff, you will see different enrollment windows and may not be eligible for the same benefits.
2016 Benefits Information
Open Enrollment Detailed Guide (VUnetID required)
- Choosing a Health Plan Option – a one-page snapshot that helps you pick the right plan option
- Spouse or Same-Sex Domestic Partner Coverage Fee – use this to see if it makes sense to have your spouse or partner covered by the Vanderbilt Health Plan or his or her employer’s health insurance
- Ask Alex (2016) – your interactive benefits counselor asks all the right questions and makes a customized plan selection just for you, based on your needs and preferences