Resources Available to Faculty and Staff
- Faculty and Staff on VU health insurance who are tested for COVID-19 will not be charged for the test, the university is subsidizing the cost of the test.
- To those identified as having COVID-19, Aetna will send a Healing Better COVID-19 kits the member’s home within 1-3 days of Aetna receiving notification of diagnosis. Members diagnosed with COVID-19 will be identified using inpatient hospitalizations and by self-reports. The kit will come in two different varieties. Members who have been hospitalized will receive a kit with a more robust set of personal and household cleaning supplies (“Full Suite”). Members who contact Aetna customer service, and self-report will receive a lighter set of supplies (“Limited Suite”). Examples of products included in the Full Suite kit provided to members identified through hospitalization include: •1 bag of cough drops, 50 count •Lavender Scented Shower Vapor Tablets, 3 count •Facial Tissue •Antibacterial hand soap •Disinfecting Wipes Lemon Fresh, 75 count •Hand lotion. The exact supplies contained in the kits are subject to change based on CVS retail supply chain restrictions. All kits will contain informational material around managing symptoms, preventing the spread of the virus, and additional resources. There is no charge for the kits – the cost is being absorbed by Aetna. Note: This could change depending upon the numbers of identified members.
- VUMC is working to make telehealth visits available for all VUMC clinicians via My Health at Vanderbilt.
- In cases where telehealth is not available, if patient and clinician agree that timing of the visit is flexible, VUMC will work to adjust appointments accordingly.
- VUMC also has a dedicated hotline to conduct phone screening for those who think they may be exhibiting symptoms associated with the coronavirus – fever, cough, and shortness of breath – (888) 312-0847.
- EAP continues to be a resource to staff https://www.vumc.org/health-wellness/worklife-connections-employee-assistance-program.
- Work/Life Connections-EAP ConnectCARE now offers teleconsulting sessions via phone or ZOOM Telehealth videoconferencing, which is an encrypted platform that is completely confidential.
- Navitus, our prescription drug benefit provider, remains committed to serving VU’s employees and has made the following changes to better serve plan participants. Read more
- Use the Vanderbilt Mail Order Pharmacy to save time and keep you safe during the COVID-19 safer at home order. Mail order is an easy way for you to purchase a 90-day supply delivered directly to your door (prescriptions can also be picked up at the Vanderbilt Pharmacy of your choice).
VCFC Family Resources to Manage New Routines Related to COVID-19
CARES Act Allows Retirement Hardship Withdrawals: The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) permits Vanderbilt University to allow qualified COVID-19 coronavirus related distributions available from the Vanderbilt University Retirement Plan.