Skip to main content

HR Consulting and Benefits Teams

HR Consultants 

HR Consultants help staff, faculty and managers with key human resource needs. The team is led by a Senior Director and includes Senoir Consultants and Associate Consultants. Learn more about our team and our mission here

Your HR Consultant, as a result of training, knowledge, skills and experience, may be able to interpret circumstances in a greater context. In that way, they will help you proactively consider many perspectives that result in a best practice solution. HR Consultants are available to provide coaching through all aspects of employment, guide employees and managers to resolve employment concerns, clarify policy and answer employment questions, develop strategic initiatives for recognition and retention, assist in conflict management and mediating/facilitating conversations, and offer career development services.

Benefit Representatives

While Human Resources reception staff can answer general benefit questions, Benefit Representatives help staff, faculty and managers with more complex benefit needs. Representatives are partnered with Human Resources Consultants and work closely with them to ensure your benefit needs are met.

Your Benefit Representative, as a result of training, knowledge, skills and experience, can explain Vanderbilt's benefit programs and policies and direct you to websites, materials and other sources to help you better understand the benefit programs available. They help research and resolve benefits issues with insurance carriers and third party administrators, and escalate issues that might arise. Benefit Representatives also consult with employees who experience life events and need to make mid-year benefit changes to ensure compliance with Vanderbilt's systems and policies, and with departments submitting paperwork to alter an employee’s status.

To find your consultant or Benefits team, enter your department name or department number in the search box below. You can also see a complete listing of departments and consultants.


Search by:
Work Unit
or Department Number
or Department Name