Vanderbilt’s vision plan is administered by Superior Vision Services. Superior Vision offers a wide network of providers, including Vanderbilt Eye Institute, Target, Wal-Mart and LensCrafters. The coverage includes eye examinations, prescription eyewear and contact lenses as well as discounts on refractive surgery. For a list of providers, go to www.superiorvision.com or call 800-507-3800.
The vision plan runs on a rolling cycle, based on the date you receive service, instead of a calendar year. For example, if you used your vision insurance to get an eye exam and purchase new glasses (lenses and frames) in December 2016:
- you would be eligible for another eye exam and new lenses again in December 2017 if you remained enrolled in the Superior Vision plan.
- you would be eligible for new frames, along with an eye exam and new lenses, in December 2018, if you remained enrolled in the Superior Vision plan.
To learn more, click on the links below:
- Superior Getting Started Guide: Member Portal
- Superior Member Guide
- Benefits Savings Tips
- Importance of Routine Eye Exams
- Vision Care Learning Center
- Diabetes and Your Eyes
- LASIK information
- ContactsDirect.com/Superior Vision (formerly SVContacts): Order contact lenses online from a variety of brands with instant savings and free shipping.
- DITTO.com: Browse and virtually try on glasses frames from a variety of brands using your computer, tablet or phone camera, and get free shipping on your order.
Superior Vision Services