Last Modified: 2017-03-10
Vanderbilt offers two dental plans:
- Cigna Dental Care (DHMO)
- BlueCross BlueShield Dental PPO
Cigna Dental Care (DHMO)
This option has no deductibles, waiting periods or dollar maximums. There is a co-pay (a set fee) for dental services. Some procedures have frequency limits, such as one cleaning per 6-month period. Cigna DHMO has a smaller network of dentists and does not provide out-of-network coverage. See the Cigna DHMO Patient Charge Schedule for details.Cigna DHMO resources:
- Cigna Dental Care (DHMO) Summary Plan Description
- To find providers, visit the Cigna website or call Cigna Dental Care Customer Service at 1.800.367.1037.
BlueCross BlueShield Dental (PPO)
This option has a $50 deductible, no co-pay, and a 12-month waiting period for orthodontia. Some procedures have frequency limits, such as one cleaning per 6-month period. DentalBlue has a larger network of dentists and offers out-of-network coverage. See the DentalBlue Covered Services, Limitations and Exclusions flyer for details.
- DentalBlue Summary of Benefits
- BlueCross BlueShield DentalBlue PPO Evidence of Coverage
- BCBS Dental Claim Form
- Guide to DentalBlue Benefits
- Visit the BCBS website to find DentalBlue network providers.