2015 University Performance Evaluation Program
INFORMATION FOR MANAGERS
Each spring, Vanderbilt conducts performance evaluations for its staff. Managing an annual performance review in addition to regular check-ins and other goal setting meetings gives us a chance to highlight great work, to coach on areas for improvement, and to set goals for the upcoming year. Below please find links to everything you need to conduct your evaluations.
Some areas of University Central use an electronic system, VPES (Vanderbilt Performance Evaluation System). For technical questions about using the system, please contact the Employee Service Center at 343.7000 or firstname.lastname@example.org. University Central departments and programs also use a tool developed in Microsoft Word that is available below.
For questions about coaching or providing performance feedback, please contact your Human Resources Consultant. You will be able to sign up for University Performance Evaluation Workshops in the Learning Exchange beginning April 22, 2015.
For areas using paper evaluations:
- To begin your evaluations, download the University Performance Evaluation tool (paper version). Completed evaluations should be scanned and emailed to email@example.com in Human Resources to be logged.
- For your reference: University Leadership Model Scoring Descriptor.
For areas using the VPES online tool:
- To begin your evaluations, log in to the Vanderbilt Performance Evaluation System(VPES)
- University Performance Development Supervisor's Guide
- University Performance Development Self Evaluation Guide
- Generic Scoring Descriptor
- University Leadership Model Scoring Descriptor
University Central performance evaluations need to be completed before June, when merit increases are awarded.