Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
What Is FMLA?
Vanderbilt University recognizes that during an employee’s career, circumstances may arise which require prolonged or intermittent absence from work due to medical reasons. Vanderbilt University provides its employees the family and medical leave guaranteed to eligible employees by federal and state law.
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a federal law that provides employees the right to take a leave of absence for personal or family medical reasons and leave for military families while maintaining job protection.
An employee may start the application process for Family Medical Leave by completing the online Medical Leave Request form. In the event an employee is not eligible for FMLA, this same form will start the application process for a Non-FMLA Medical Leave.
Who Is My FMLA Contact?
John Wilson, 615.322.7441 option 4
- MC Administration - Other
- MC Outreach & Spec Events
- Med Center Research
- Medical Center Administration
- Medical Center Finance
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
Kim Stein, 615.322.7441 option 2
- Adult Hospital
- Vanderbilt Affiliates
Rosie Carter, 615.322.7441 option 3
- Athletics & Student Recreation
- Chancellor's Office
- Children's Hospital
- Development & Alumni Relations
- Division of Administration
- General Counsel & Risk Management
- Health and Clinical Affairs
- Office of Investments
- Provost & Academic Affairs
- Public Affairs
- Medical Certification Questions