Direct Deposit of Pay
Mandatory Participation in Direct Deposit
As of January 1, 2017, Vanderbilt University requires all employees (including faculty, staff, post-docs, temps, and student workers) to enroll in direct deposit as a condition of employment. Failure to enroll in a timely fashion is a basis for employment action, up to and including separation from employment.
To Set Up or Change Your Direct Deposit Account
- You can set up or change your direct deposit enrollments at any time through Oracle. After logging in, click ‘Pay’ and then ‘Payment Methods’ to add, delete or update your accounts. For assistance with this feature, view the resources available in Oracle’s Help Center.
- Direct deposit changes may take up to two pay periods to begin.
- This feature is only available to active employees and service-free stipend recipients. If you are a student worker attempting to update your direct deposit and the ‘Payment Methods’ screen is not available to you, wait until you begin working and then attempt to access that option.
- Employees without bank accounts can join the Vanderbilt University Credit Union or apply for a First Horizon Payroll Card.
- Employees who are foreign nationals that have not yet been assigned a Social Security Number (SSN), which is necessary to set up a U.S. bank account, should notify Payroll for temporary alternatives.
- Student workers who have enrolled in Direct Deposit through YES (Your Enrollment Services) will need to enroll separately for direct deposit through Vanderbilt University's payroll system as these systems do not share your direct deposit information.
- Paper direct deposit forms are available upon request by contacting Human Resources or Payroll.
The Vanderbilt University Mandatory Direct Deposit Policy can be found here.
If you have questions, contact Human Resources.