Direct Deposit of Pay
Mandatory Participation in Direct Deposit
As of January 1, 2017, Vanderbilt University requires all non-union employees (including faculty, staff, post-docs, temps, and student workers) to enroll in direct deposit as a condition of employment. Failure to enroll in a timely fashion is a basis for employment action, up to and including separation from employment.
Initial set up/enrollment
You can complete your initial direct deposit enrollment using C2HR or a paper enrollment form.
- To use C2HR, you will need your bank name, bank transit (routing) number, bank account number, and account type. Once you have that information:
- To use the paper form, complete the form and bring it along with a photo ID to the Human Resources office on the 10th floor of the Baker building.
- Once you complete the C2HR or paper form, Payroll and your bank need 4-6 weeks to process your request (in the meantime you will receive a paper check). Then your paycheck will be deposited directly into your designated bank account.
- All paper checks will need to be picked up in Human Resources no earlier than the pay date.
- Employees without bank accounts can join the Vanderbilt University Credit union or apply for a First Tennessee Payroll Card. Contact Payroll for information.
- Employees who are foreign nationals that have not yet been assigned a Social Security Number (SSN), which is necessary to set up a U.S. bank account, should notify Payroll for temporary alternatives.
- Student workers who have enrolled in Direct Deposit through YES (Your Enrollment Services) will need to enroll separately for Direct Deposit through Vanderbilt University's payroll system as these systems do not share your direct deposit information.
Updates and changes
To update or change your direct deposit bank account information, use the paper form and bring it along with a photo ID to the Human Resources office on the 10th floor of the Baker building.
The Vanderbilt University Mandatory Direct Deposit Policy can be found here.
If you have questions, contact Human Resources.