Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
VITA Programs are volunteer-run, community tax-assistance services. Visit the Central District VITA site for individual tax assistance.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Visit the the IRS Website or call 1-800-829-1040 for telephone assistance. IRS Taxpayer Assistance Centers provide face-to-face assistance if you are unable to get your questions answered online or by phone. Assistance is available for preparing your basic individual income tax return if your income is $66,000 or less. For locations and more eligibility information, visit the IRS's Face-to-face Tax Help.
Other Helpful Resources
- Publication 519 U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens
- Publication 597: Information on the U.S. - Canada Income Tax Treaty
- Publication 901: U.S. Tax Treaties
- Publication 970: Tax Benefits for Education
- 2016 Publication 4011: Foreign Student and Scholar Volunteer Resource Guide: This is a guide for volunteers who are training to help people prepare tax returns. The language is more user-friendly than the language in IRS publications, and it covers the same topics.