Preventive Care Program
As of January 1, 2014
Preventive care coverage means you won't have a co-pay for most routine services like cholesterol screenings. The Aetna website has details.
- Go to the Aetna website.
- Log in to Aetna Navigator by selecting "Member Log In"
- Once you log in, look for "Health Programs" and then select "Preventive Health Schedule."
- Choose your age and gender to find your preventive guidelines.
If you have questions, call Aetna Customer Service at 800.743.0910.
Preventive Care for Women
Preventive care guidelines and services for women means a wider range of covered routine services that are not subject to co-payment. The prevention-related services are:
- Well-woman visits
- Gestational diabetes screening that helps protect pregnant women from one of the most serious pregnancy-related diseases
- Domestic and interpersonal violence screening and counseling
- FDA-approved contraceptive methods, and contraceptive education and counseling
- Breastfeeding support, supplies, and counseling
- HPV DNA testing, for women 30 or older
- Sexually transmitted infections counseling for sexually-active women
- HIV screening and counseling for sexually-active women
For questions or coverage details, contact Aetna at 800.743.0910.
Several preventive care drugs will be available without charge. See the Healthcare Reform Contraceptives List in the Formulary section of the Navitus website for details. For questions, contact Navitus at 866.333.2757.