Philosophy and Principles
The Vanderbilt University Compensation Program is designed to:
- Support the mission of the University
- Attract and retain a well-qualified workforce
- Provide equitable and fair compensation for similar qualifications and work
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Recognize and reward commendable performance
- Pay at levels that are competitive within relevant labor markets
Principles that will be followed in administering our compensation policy include:
- Support the mission of the University by providing creativity, intellectual freedom and respect for others, creating "excellence" in all we do, valuing diversity in people and programs, creating a learning environment, and assuming responsibility to the Community.
- Support the mission of HR by valuing personal and professional integrity, quality customer service, innovation and creativity, "excellence" with enthusiasm, and teamwork.
- Total compensation, consisting of direct pay, benefits, and working environment, shall be considered collectively.
- Provide an open, well-communicated compensation program that achieves understanding by all.
- Compensation structures and strategies shall respond to and support organizational priorities, change, and needs.