FY2016 Performance Evaluation and Salary Adjustment Process
ePAC initiators and executors: access the salary adjustment tool here.
For fiscal year 2016, Vanderbilt will use a different approach for performance evaluations and salary adjustments than it has in recent years. Staff and managers do not need to submit formal performance evaluations to HR. Managers still need to clearly communicate with each employee about how they’re doing with regard to performance expectations and meeting unit goals and objectives – and what, if anything, they might need to do differently during the upcoming work cycle. Managers can feel free to use the previous paper evaluation form or VPES for their own tracking if they wish, but they are not required.
Home department managers (initiators) and supervisors (executors) can enter increases in the salary adjustment tool, formerly called the merit increase tool. The tool, a program guide and tutorial will be posted on the FY16 Salary Adjustment tool webpage. (VUnetID required) As in the past, the increases will be effective on the first paycheck in July.
- For bi-weekly paid (non-exempt employees), increases will be effective June 19, and reflected on July 8 paychecks.
- For monthly-paid (exempt) employees, increases will be effective July 1, and reflected on July 29 paychecks.
- University Leadership Model Scoring Descriptor
- University VPES Self-evaluation Guide
- University VPES Supervisor's Guide
- Performance Communications and Management tip sheet