Contract Pay (SA Faculty)
This section provides overviews of the hiring and rehiring process, changes as a result of special cases, and accrual payouts and terminations of SA Faculty. See the left sidebar for sample forms.
SA Faculty are faculty members who are paid over a 12 month period (September to August / SA) for work performed during a 9-month academic year. This type of payment will be referred to as "contract" pay. Two distinct time periods are key to processing contract pay:
- "Contract Period" - time period over which the person's duties are performed (September 1 - May 31)
- "Accrual (payment) Period" - time over which the person is paid for the work performed (September 1 - August 31).
- Each faculty member may only have ONE active contract at a time.
- No changes to contracts or contract amounts are permitted to be effective in June, July or August.
- For faculty terminated midyear, all accumulated Earnings Not Paid (ENP) are due and payable to the faculty member.
- For faculty members known to be leaving at the end of the fall semester, pay as "monthly" rather than as "contract".
Forms and Documents for New Hires and Rehires
- Form I-9 (completed electronically)
- W-4 Form (found in Oracle)
- Paycheck Direct Deposit
- Faculty Appointment Letter (must be attached to Oracle Cloud Hire Transaction)
New faculty must complete Form I-9, Form W-4, and the Employee Direct Deposit Form on or before the first day of work. Employee personal information can be updated in Oracle Cloud under the Personal Information module within the About Me section of the Navigator. Please reference the quick guide. Departments should send the new faculty member these forms or ask him/her to complete these forms immediately after an he/she accepts an offer. Otherwise, the forms may be completed in the department, at New Staff Orientation, or in Human Resources located at the Baker Building, 10th floor, 110 21st Ave. S.
- Home address and phone number are required fields on the Oracle Cloud Hire Transaction.
Timely submission of the related paperwork is critical to getting the employee paid on time and properly enrolled in his or her benefits. An employee will not be paid without a completed Form I-9.
See the Payroll Calendar for due dates.
Changes to an employee after hire should be processed using Oracle Cloud.