Skip to main content

Tax Resources

Tax Resources Header

It’s income tax filing season! These resources may be helpful as you
prepare your return:

W-2 forms

W-2 forms for 2016 were mailed to current and former employees at the end of January. You can also find a copy in C2HR. Log in with your VUnetID and password, then click on the link for “Taxes” in the right sidebar. The online W-2 has the same information as the mailed W-2.

This page can help you read and understand your W-2.

1095-C forms

1095-C forms, which are required by the Affordable Care Act and contain health plan information will be mailed to employees by March 2.

  • Use these instructions to verify your dependents Social Security Numbers (SSNs) are recorded correctly.
  • This page can help you read and understand your 1095-C form.

 If you receive Social Security benefits…

You should have received an SSA-1099 form (or SSA-1042S for nonresident aliens). If you need a replacement, you can get one online at my Social Security. Get more information about these forms here.

File online for less

Vanderbilt’s retirement plan provider, Fidelity Investments, offers employees a discount of up to $20 on Turbotax’s online income tax filing services. Click here for more information.