New Hire Orientation
Dear New Employees,
Welcome to Vanderbilt University! As you join the Vanderbilt community, we hope you will feel empowered and equipped to engage and make a difference, no matter what role or position you hold.
To get you off to a great start, we invite you to join us virtually for New Hire Orientation. Orientation is scheduled on Mondays from 8:30 am to 12 pm CST. Please look for an email with instructions and Zoom meeting details - the subject will read " Important Vanderbilt University New Hire Orientation."
If you are unable to attend the online session, please email email@example.com for alternative arrangements.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
New Hire Orientation is Vanderbilt's way of welcoming you to a thriving cultural center that embraces and celebrates diverse talents and contributions. Designed with you in mind, New Hire Orientation teaches everything you need to know as you begin your Vanderbilt career.
New University staff will attend New Hire Orientation as soon as possible after beginning work at Vanderbilt, preferably on the first Monday of employment.
Your department will work with HR to register you for the orientation and will let you know your scheduled date. If you have not received orientation information before your first day of work, contact Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before Orientation: Review Benefits
- What to Expect at Orientation
- Additional Links and Information
- For Supervisors or Administrative Support
- Review Vanderbilt benefits information before your first day of work/orientation. Click here to see details on benefits for which you may qualify.
What to Expect at Orientation
Employees who attend this orientation will learn the following:
- Vanderbilt's history and mission
- Reasons why Vanderbilt is a great place to work
- How to become a successful Vanderbilt employee
- How to complete new employee paperwork and get started in your Vanderbilt career
Additional Links and Information
Benefits at a Glance
Vanderbilt University provides a comprehensive benefits package.
Departments Referenced in New Hire Orientation
- Health and Wellness
- Payroll Schedule
- Standards of Conduct
- Vanderbilt Workplace Safety
- Vanderbilt University Public Safety
- Equal Opportunity and Access
For Supervisors or Administrative Support
- How to Register New Staff
- I-9s & Employment Eligibility Verification Process
- Important Orientation Information (parking, dates/locations, etc.)
If you need additional information, please email.